Sunday, June 28, 2015

Grateful for Sundays 10

Taking little pauses throughout my weeks for my Grateful for Sunday posts has brought me great joy and peace. However, I realised that I've made a terrible mistake. 

In my haste to start a string of themed posts, I have forgotten what topic makes me the most excited to share with my readers -food. In order to make room for both, I have decided to make my Grateful for Sunday posts on the last Sunday of each month.

So, for the month of June, I am grateful for...

Sparrows on Powerlines

I made a conscious decision to get up early for a walk last weekend and happened to look up. This might sound weird but, because I am mostly driving or busing, I rarely look up and see cute sparrows sitting in a row.

Citrus Season
Right now my garden smells beautiful. Our lemon and orange trees are full of fruit which means our water is infused with deliciousness and our desserts are exceptionally zesty!

Quiet times in the CBD
I discovered this beautiful seated area during a site visit. I took a 5 minute mini break and enjoyed staying still while the city moved around me.

Sculpture Trail at Brick Bay Winery
The highlight of my month was the Sculpture Trail at Brick Bay Winery. We arrived at midday and spent an hour winding through beautiful scenery to look at 45 contemporary sculptures crafted by New Zealand artists. Above is one of my favourite sculptures, especially because of the way it reflects on the lake.

What are you grateful for this month?

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to find moments like this in a busy life or a busy city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing lemons, definitely something to be grateful for!
    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete