|Onion marmalade base, button mushrooms, baby spinach, chorizo, olives and feta|
|Raw ingredients for my fancy pizza (assembled above)|
|Step 7: Make 2 crosswise incisions and rub the top with olive oil. This will prevent the surface of the dough from breaking too much while rising.|
|Step 8: Definitely better with the new yeast. Look how much it's risen! It's now ready for punching!|
|Step 8: Punch that sucker down to get rid of air bubbles!|
|Don't let the bright packaging fool you, the lack of ingredients is very disappointing|
|Raw ingredients for my family pizza|
|Tomato and cheddar cheese base, tomato, baby spinach and ham|
|Ultimate pizza: best of both worlds -Tomato and cheddar base, olives, baby spinach, chorizo, ham and feta|
- Pizza Margherita -Basil, tomatoes and shredded mozzarella on a tomato sauce base.
- Pizza al Prosciutto -Ham, tomato, mozzarella on a tomato sauce base
- Hawaiian -Ham, pineapple and cheese on a tomato sauce base
- Meat Lovers -Chicken, bacon, beef mince, salami, ham, capsicum, BBQ sauce, pineapple, cheese on a tomato base. Basically any and every meat you can think of.
Simplest Pizza Dough Recipe
|Flour, yeast, olive oil, warm water and salt|
1 Tbs active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups flour (and more for later)
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oilPinch of salt
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast on the warm water and stir to dissolve. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes.
2. Sift flour in a seperate bowl.3. Make a well in the flour and add the yeast mixture, olive oil and salt and mix.
4. Once it forms a dough, sprinkle some flour on the work surface and place the dough on top.
5. Knead the dough briefly with your hands pushing and folding. Knead just long enough for the dough to take in a little more flour, and until it no longer sticking to your hands.
6. With your hand, spread a little olive oil inside a bowl and transfer the dough into the bowl.7. On the top of the dough, make two incisions that cross, and spread with a very small amount of olive oil and then cover with a tea towel. Set aside for approximately 1½ – 2 hours until the dough doubles in volume.
8. When the dough is double its original size, punch it down to eliminate the air bubbles.
And what's pizza without fries? Kumara fries at that!
|Making kumara fries|
|Goes very well with aioli dip|
2 large Kumara, washed and dried
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, for a little heat)
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Cut the Kumara into 1 cm fries. Toss with olive oil, salt, cayenne and pepper.3. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes until the fries are tender and beginning to brown. Serve hot with aioli.
|Best of Both Worlds pizza going into the oven|
This was followed by video games of the retro kind.
Super Mario and Super Contra. Games of my childhood.
I think I'm in love, guys.